U.S., March 19, 2019 (Babaji's Kriya Yoga): Dr. T.N. Ganapathy, Ph. D, passed away in Chennai, India, after a long illness, at the age of 87. As the Director of the Yoga Siddha Research Project, from the year 2000 to 2013, he and his team of Tamil Yoga Siddha scholars produced the following English language works:
1. The Yoga of Boganathar, volume 1, 2003;
2. The Yoga of Siddha Avvai, 2005;
3. The Yoga of Boganathar, volume 2, 2005;
4. The Yoga of the 18 Siddhas: An Anthology, 2005;
5. The Yoga of Tirumular: Essays on the Tirumandiram, 2006, 2012;
6. The Tirumandiram in 10 volume, 2010, 2013;
7. Monistic Theism in the Tirumandiram and Kashmir Shaivism; 2012
8. The Treasure Trove of Siddha Manuscripts (in Tamil); 2014.
Their work was sponsored by Babaji's Kriya Yoga Order of Acharyas, Inc. an educational charity registered in Canada, and published in India by Babaji's Kriya Yoga Trust, Bangalore. Details and photos of participants in this project can be found here:
http://www.babajiskriyayoga.net/engli ... siddharesearch/index.html and in
See the Hinduism Today, July 2010, article, "A Mystical Masterpiece is Unearthed," about Dr. Ganapathy and the above new publication of the Tirumandiram:
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules/ ... tion/item.php?itemid=5105
Dr. Ganapathy was previously a Post-Graduate Professor and Head of the Department of Philosophy, RKM Vivekananda College, Chennai. Subsequently, he was a visiting professor at the Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (Deemed University), Prasanthi Nilayam, Andhra Pradesh. He has participated in a number of national and international seminars and conferences.
His publications include: Perspectives of Theism and Absolutism in Indian Philosophy (ed. 1978), Mahavakyas (1982), Bertrand Russell's Philosophy of Sense-Data (1984), The Philosophy of the Tamil Siddhas (1993). In recent years he wrote and published an English translation of the Siddha Civavakkiyar's Civavakkiyam with Dr. Geeta Anand.